Fuorisalone means all that set of events and meetings held in different areas of Milan during the Design Week. It will be staged from 17 to 22 April 2018, as usual in parallel with the Salone. Like a real artistic and cultural movement, the Salone del Mobile launched its first Manifesto this year, of which I have already talked about here. Salone del Mobile and Fuorisalone define the Milan Design Week, which is the largest design showcase in the world.
The Fuorisalone is not a fair like the Salone del Mobile and is not organized by any central institution, but is an event spontaneously born in the ’80s by the activities of exhibitors and furniture companies. Each event is autonomous but at the same time included in the cultural climate of the Design Week.
For the 2018 edition, almost 700 events are planned in 6 days and 9 routes. Despite having the whole week available, it is definitely impossible to participate in all the planned activities. That’s why I have prepared a list for you with design events not-to-be-missed during the Fuorisalone 2018.
- Living Nature. La Natura dell’Abitare – In front of the Palazzo Reale there will be an exhibition-installation by Carlo Ratti that will allow living “climatically speaking” all four seasons.
Tortona SuperStudio Area
- Superloft by Cappellini – An invented house but perfectly liveable, to the point that every evening, after the closing time, dinners will be organized. A set to live where protagonists will be the great designers and brands of furniture (including Linvisibile).
- Nendo: forms of movement – This year’s exhibition features 800 square meters of labyrinth with 10 concepts dedicated to the idea of movement.
Brera Design District Area
- Tram Corallo – Cristina Celestino sets up a lounge on rails in a historic Milanese tram, intertwining her architect’s training with a refined taste for beauty.
- Reflex on – Presentation of the new Essential Wallpaper Collection by Wall&Decò, a collection aimed at interpreting the decorative value of textures, surfaces to explore with the hands as well as to be seen.
Lambrate Design District Area
- Fuorisalmone – The event where the true protagonists of the counter-current Design show off their extraordinary products.
- Hotel Regeneration – Simone Micheli will present an exhibition of over 4,000 square meters of rooms dedicated to hospitality.
- The precious apartment in Puntaldìa – A new way of imagining architecture aimed at redefining the concept of luxury (at Simone Micheli Studio Gallery)
5 Vie District
- Tempietto nel bosco – MoscaPartners and DAMN ° reconfirm the collaboration with Asif Khan with the installation of a half-forest wood pavilion and half open-air cathedral, in Palazzo Litta.
- GUBI Exhibition – Exhibition at Palazzo Serbelloni, in the heart of Milan, in one of the four “sides” of the fashion district. Over 1200 square meters with presentations of home settings, contract and hospitality.